January can be a month of contrasting and conflicting emotions. The celebration of a new year arriving and the emotional let down that the end of the festive season. The start of a new year versus feeling overwhelmed with all the potential resolutions to make. These feelings are doubled being my birth month so there is an acknowledgement of another new year beginning.
I had seen a friend post on January 1st that she no longer does resolutions. Rather, she has changed her mindset to Realizations, that a self realization would help lead to a change in behaviour to become better or happier.
In many articles about achieving goals, they say that writing them out and sharing them with others increases the rate of success. Whatever they may be resolutions and/or realizations, I have the typical ones dealing with wellness but I also have included things to learn and have fun to ensure they are also achieved. I may come back, edit, and update.
In categories but no particular order:
- Sign up for a fitness challenge which incorporates clean eating, cardio and resistance training
- Start turning my walks into runs
- Sign up for a 10 km run this spring
- Try to get to bed before 1 AM 3 days a week – a big challenge for a night owl
- Try a new recipe a week
- Declutter and maintain
- How to properly use the Nikon DSLR camera that was handed down to me by Dad
- How to Code in at least one language
- How to use WordPress better and learn how to code
- Sign up for an online course
- Blog 3 times a week
- Join a social group of some sort based on similar interests like photography or cooking
- Find a way to work with youth in my community to be a mentor
- Write up proper tasting notes for each whisky in my collection
- Write a handwritten letter/note 4x a month
- Let people know what they mean t me
- Practice calligraphy lettering again
- Handmade cards
- Organize 4 crafternoons
Here is to a magical 2015 ahead for us all!